How to get ready
To make sure you are ready to book your exams:
- Make a note of key dates.
- Contact your local representative if you want to request a Private Visit.
- Have all your candidate information ready.
Make a note of key dates
- In March – we will send you an email to let you know that you can register and create your new ABRSM account. Everyone needs to do this before they can book exams from April onwards.
- 3–17 April – the booking period for Music Theory Session 1 (June) when you can go online to book your Music Theory exams. We are unable to accept late bookings, so please book all your exams before the booking period closes.
Contact your local ABRSM representative if you want to request a Private Visit
- If you have had a visit before, your local ABRSM representative will contact you to ask you if you would like to have a visit during the next exam session.
- If you have not had a visit before, you will need to contact your local ABRSM representative to request a new Private Visit.
- All Private Visit venues must be approved before you can book exams. This can take up to eight working days.
Have your candidate information ready
To make your booking you will need the following candidate information. Some of this will be familiar, but there are some new things too.
- Candidate name, subject/instrument, grade/level and any access requirements.
- New: candidate date of birth – we need this so that we can identify candidates in our system. You will need to enter this information before you can complete your exam booking.
- New: candidate (parent/carer) email – this is optional, but will allow candidates to set up their own ABRSM account. With an account, they can go online to view information about their exam, change a practical appointment and view their results and practical mark forms seven days after we release them to the applicant.