Welcome to Piano Practice Partner
Piano Practice Partner is a simple way to make practising pieces for your ABRSM exam more musical, enjoyable and rewarding. It's useful for anyone learning or teaching pieces from the ABRSM Piano Syllabus 2017 & 2018 at Grades 1-8.
Pieces from the new Piano syllabus 2019 & 2020 are now available on Piano Practice Partner.
What is Piano Practice Partner?
Piano Practice Partner helps you by playing one hand so you can play the other as you learn. Using Piano Practice Partner also enables slow practice, one hand at a time, while still retaining the musicality of the recorded performance. It's as if a professional pianist is sitting next to you as you practise!
Piano Practice Partner is available for iOS and Android devices in both smartphone and tablet versions, from iTunes and Google Play. The app comes with three free examples from a range of grades.
If you don’t have your music books yet, view sheet music in the flyer below to get started with the app now.
How might I use Piano Practice Partner?
Piano Practice Partner lets you play along with real musicians’ performances, exactly as recorded or at a reduced tempo.
Use the ABRSM Piano Practice Partner to:
- Practise each hand separately to improve your fluency – focus on your left hand technique while Practice Partner plays the right hand, for example.
- Make practice more musical and enjoyable by having a virtual partner to play along with.
- Personalise it! Choose from over 20 different hands to customise your Practice Partner.
- Improve your control and general piano technique, helping you to become a more fluent pianist.
- Improve your sense of pulse! Use the unique guide function to help you count rests and tempo adjustments.
- Slow down or speed up the music to a tempo that suits you, for slow careful practice.
- Set loops to repeat parts of your piece if you need to focus on one section.
- Learn to memorise your music for more secure performances.