Results and mark forms
- We are introducing digital mark forms for all Practical and Performance Grades and ARSM exams.
- You will receive your Practical Grade, Performance Grade and ARSM results more quickly, usually within a week of the exam, subject to quality assurance checks.
Results and Practical Grade, Performance Grade and ARSM mark forms will be available via your online account.
- Mark forms will be available as PDFs and we will release them as soon as results are ready to view.
- We will release these mark forms as soon as the results are ready to view.
- The new mark forms will look very similar to the current paper forms, but comments will appear as type rather than handwriting.
- Candidates with an account will be able to access their results and mark forms seven days after we have released the result to the applicant.
Some things about results and certificates are staying the same.
- We will continue to send graded exam and ARSM certificates in the post.
- Music Theory exam results will be available via your online account.
- Examiners will continue to write Prep Test and Performance Assessment certificates during the exam, handing them to performers at the end of their assessment.
Marking the exam
All examiners will be using our specially created examiner app to mark Performance Grades, Practical Grades and ARSM exams.
For face-to-face exams – although examiners will be working in a different way, the exam experience for all candidates will stay the same:
- During the exam, examiners will use an iPad to complete mark forms.
- The app will automatically audio record exams, providing us with recordings to help with quality assurance, examiner training and enquiries about results. The recording happens automatically and will not disturb or interrupt the exam in any way. Recordings are for internal use only so will not be available to applicants or candidates.
- All iPads used by our examiners will have the camera function disabled.