Amending your exam bookings
We’ve made some changes to our online service so you can log in and edit a number of details after you’ve booked and paid for an exam. Exam applicants, and candidates with accounts, can make changes to the following candidate details:
- Name spelling – not the whole name
- Date of birth
- Print last name first
- Presented by name
- Instrument – if the time needed for the exam stays the same or is shorter or if there’s space for a longer exam. The system will check this automatically.
How to make an amendment
- Log in and go to your booking details.
- Click the pen icon next to the candidate.
- In the pop-up window you can update any field marked with a red asterisk (*) then save your changes. You may need to refresh the online service to see your changes.
We can only accept small changes and you cannot transfer a booking to a different candidate. If you edit two or more of the following – first name, last name, date of birth, gender – then your changes will be sent to us for approval. If we approve the changes the booking will remain updated. If not, it will revert to the original details and we will send you an email to let you know.
If you live in a country where we ask for National ID then we can amend this for you. Please use our contact us form to get in touch. You will need to provide supporting documentation.
Details that you can’t amend
For the following changes, you will need to cancel the booking and make a new one with the correct details.
- Instrument – if the time needed for the exam increases and there is no space for a longer exam. The system will check this automatically.
- Complete change of candidate name
- Exam type (Performance Grade/ Practical Grade)
Please note, cancellations are subject to our Withdrawals, Non-attendance and Fee Refund Policy and new bookings are subject to availability.